The SG250X-24 is a model of network switch from Cisco’s Small Business Smart Switches series. Here are the key specifications for the Cisco SG250X-24 24-Port Gigabit Smart Switch with 10G Uplinks:
- Ports: 24 Gigabit Ethernet Ports – Provides connectivity for up to 24 devices at Gigabit speeds, allowing data transfer at up to 1000 Mbps.
- Uplink Ports: 4x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Uplink Ports – The switch includes four 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports, each capable of supporting a 10 Gigabit connection for higher-speed connectivity to other switches or network devices.
- Smart Switch: The “Smart” designation indicates that this switch offers some advanced features beyond basic Layer 2 switching, such as VLAN support, QoS (Quality of Service) features, and more.
- Layer Support: The switch is capable of Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching, which includes forwarding and routing data based on both MAC addresses and IP addresses.
- Form Factor: Rack-Mountable – The switch is designed to be installed in a standard networking equipment rack.
- Web Management Interface: The switch likely offers a web-based management interface for configuration and monitoring purposes.
- VLAN Support: VLANs (Virtual LANs) can be configured to isolate network traffic and improve network organization and security.
- Uplink Connectivity: The 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports can be used to connect the switch to other high-speed switches, routers, or network devices.
- Usage Scenarios: Smart switches like the SG250X-24 are commonly used in small to medium-sized businesses and workgroup environments that require more advanced features compared to basic unmanaged switches.