The “HPE Intel Xeon-Silver processor 4310 2.1GHz 12-core 120W ” is a specific Intel Xeon processor designed for use in Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) servers. Here are the key specifications and details about this processor:
- Processor Model: Intel Xeon-Silver 4310 is part of the Intel Xeon Scalable processor family, which is designed for use in enterprise-level servers and data center environments.
- Clock Speed: The processor has a base clock speed of 2.1 gigahertz (GHz). This is the speed at which the processor’s cores operate under normal conditions.
- Core Count: The processor has 12 cores. Cores are the individual processing units within a CPU, and having more cores generally allows the CPU to handle parallel tasks more efficiently.
- TDP (Thermal Design Power): The processor has a TDP of 120 watts. TDP represents the maximum amount of heat the processor is expected to generate under normal operation. It is an important factor for server cooling and power management.
- Server Compatibility: This processor is designed to be compatible with specific HPE server models. It’s important to use processors that are specifically designed for the server model to ensure proper fit and performance.
- Performance: The processor’s performance is influenced by factors such as clock speed, core count, and architecture. It is designed to deliver high computational power for demanding server workloads.