The “HPE 500W FS Plat Ht Plg LH Pwr Sply Kit” is a power supply kit designed for Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) servers. Here’s what the key components and specifications typically represent:
- 500W Power Capacity: The power supply in this kit has a capacity of 500 watts. This determines the amount of power it can provide to the server components, including processors, memory, drives, and other hardware.
- FS Plat: “FS Plat” typically refers to “Flex Slot Platinum.” Flex Slot is a power supply form factor used in certain HPE servers. “Platinum” signifies the high efficiency rating of the power supply, which helps reduce energy consumption and heat generation.
- Ht Plg LH: “Ht Plg LH” likely stands for “Hot Plug Left Hand,” indicating that the power supply is designed for hot-plug functionality in servers. Hot-plug power supplies can be inserted or removed while the server is running, minimizing downtime.
- Pwr Sply Kit: This refers to a complete power supply kit that includes the power supply unit itself, along with any necessary accessories for installation, such as cables or brackets.
- Server Compatibility: The power supply kit is designed to be compatible with specific HPE server models. It’s important to verify that the kit is supported by your specific server model before purchasing.
- Energy Efficiency: The “Platinum” efficiency rating indicates that the power supply is designed to operate with high efficiency, reducing energy consumption and operating costs while contributing to environmental sustainability.
- Use Case: Power supply kits like this are essential components for HPE servers in data centers and enterprise environments. They provide the necessary power to ensure stable operation of server components.
- Redundancy and Reliability: In many server configurations, redundant power supplies are used to ensure server uptime in case one power supply fails. This kit might be used to provide redundancy to the server’s power supply setup.
- Form Factor: Flex Slot power supplies are known for their compact form factor, which helps optimize space within server enclosures.