The HPE Hard drive 2TB Hard drive SATA 7.2K LFF LP is a specific hard drive designed for use with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) servers but the one is only available for HPE DL160 Gen10. Here’s what the key components and specifications typically represent:
- 2TB Capacity: This hard drive has a storage capacity of 2 terabytes (TB), providing a substantial amount of storage space for data and applications.
- SATA: “SATA” stands for Serial Advanced Technology Attachment, which is a standard interface used for connecting storage devices, including hard drives, to servers and computers. SATA drives are commonly used for their cost-effectiveness and compatibility.
- 7.2K RPM: The “7.2K” indicates the rotational speed of the drive’s platters in revolutions per minute (RPM). A 7,200 RPM drive offers reasonable data access speed for general-purpose storage.
- LFF: “LFF” typically stands for “Large Form Factor.” LFF drives are designed to fit into larger drive bays, which are often found in tower servers and some rack-mounted servers.
- LP: “LP” might stand for “Low Profile,” indicating that the drive has a reduced height or form factor. This can be important when space is limited within the server chassis.
- Server Compatibility: The hard drive is designed to be compatible with specific HPE server models. It’s important to verify that the drive is supported by your specific server model before purchasing.
- Use Case: Drives like this are used for various applications, including storage of operating systems, applications, databases, and other data in enterprise environments.